Arugula Pesto adds a huge amount of flavor to any recipe. We love to use this pesto to top our favorite stovetop meatloaf, add to spaghetti sauce or top chicken breasts. The combination of pine nuts and pecans with the spicy bite of arugula give this pesto a balanced and bold flavor profile.
- 6 Cups Arugula -
- 1 Tsp Garlic -
- 1/2 Cup Toasted Pecans -
- 1/4 Cup Toasted Pine Nuts -
- 1-1 1/2 cups Olive Oil -
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese, Freshly Grated -
- Juice of 1/2 Lime -
- Salt and Pepper To Taste -
- Heat 10” Nutra Ease gourmet skillet on medium high heat for 3 minutes; add nuts and turn heat down to medium low, put lid on ajar and toast nuts for 3 minutes or until you smell their nutty aroma. Stir several times to avoid burning the nuts. Remove skillet from heat and set aside.
- In the Royal Vortex layer arugula, nuts, garlic, lime juice, parmesan, and pinch of salt & pepper and ¾ cup olive oil. Put lid on Royal Vortex, remove small center lid. Turn speed onto 2 and blend gradually add remaining olive oil. Increase to maximum speed for 2 minutes or until you reach a creamy smooth consistency. OR In a food processor start by pulsing for 1 minute; steadily add olive oil and increase to speed for 2 minutes until you have reached a creamy smooth consistency.
- If pesto is too thick add a little more olive and blend again.
Embrace the taste, experience the difference.