- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 pounds asparagus, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chicken base
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 6 teaspoons low-fat sour cream (garnish)
- 2 ounces butter (½ stick)
- ½ cup flour
- In the 6-quart Dutch Oven, preheat olive oil at high heat for about 4 minutes or until oil is very hot.
- Reduce temperature to medium, add asparagus and garlic, and stir constantly until asparagus are soft (in about 3 to 4 minutes). Set aside 6 asparagus for garnishing.
- Process remaining asparagus thru the Xtractor to get 3 cups juice. Also set aside ½ cup pulp to thicken the bisque.
- In the same Dutch Oven, add 4 cups water. Cover and bring to a boil at high heat (in about 4 minutes). Add chicken base and stir until dissolved.
- Add heavy cream, 3 cups asparagus juice and ½ cup asparagus pulp. Mix well and bring to a boil (in about 1½ minutes).
- Add roux and stir well to thicken bisque even more. Cook at low heat for other 4 or 5 minutes.
- Serve hot and garnish each bowl with one of the asparagus you set aside and a teaspoon sour cream.
- In the 8-inch Skillet, add butter and melt at medium heat.
- Add flour; stir constantly until you get a smooth mixture.
CHEF’S NOTE: You may adjust the quantity of asparagus pulp, depending on how thick you like the bisque.