Eating a healthy dinner is a top priority for most of us and this recipe for Chinese shrimp and snap peas will have a deliciously healthy dinner on the table in a matter of minutes!We love the crisp crunch of snap peas and the many healthy nutrients found in them, they are a great source of Vitamins C, K & A. For this recipe we cook them in the 8″ Kitchen Charm skillet with just a little water and salt and pepper.
We love the flavors in this dish! Marinating the shrimp for just a few minutes before cooking adds flavor to the finished meal. Adding a few extra ingredients to rice makes a flavorful base for this meal. In this recipe for Chinese shrimp and snap peas we add butter, green onion whites and fresh grated ginger to the rice as it cooks. Enjoy this easy weeknight dinner!
- 4 Green Onions, sliced and separate whites from greens -
- 2 Tablespoons fresh grated Ginger Root -
- 2 Tablespoons Butter -
- 2 Cups Jasmine Rice -
- 3 Cups Water -
- 24 oz Frozen Peeled & Deveined Tail-off Shrimp -
- 3 Cloves Garlic, minced or grated -
- 2 Tablespoons Hoisin Sauce -
- 3 Cups Snap Peas -
- 2 Tablespoon Sesame Seeds -
- 1 Lime, cut into wedges -
- Cook rice. Preheat the 3 quart NutraEase saucepan over medium heat. Add 1 Tablespoon butter, green onion whites and 1 tablespoon of fresh ginger. Let cook for 2-3 minutes then add the water and rice. Put lid on; turn heat to medium high and wait for clicking sound. Turn heat down to low and cook for an additional 12 minutes. When rice is finished remove from heat and leave covered until ready to serve.
- Marinate Shrimp. First thaw shrimp by placing shrimp in a bowl with lukewarm water. Then drain and pat dry. Toss shrimp in a medium bowl with garlic, hoisin, the rest of the ginger and a little salt and pepper. Set aside to marinate for 5 minutes.
- Cook Snap Peas. Season peas with salt and pepper. Place 2 tablespoons water and peas in 8” NutraEase skillet, put the lid on and heat to medium. Wait for the clicking to sound, when it does lower the heat to medium low and cook for 3 more minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Cook Shrimp. Preheat 10½-inch skillet on medium heat for about 3 minutes. The temperature is correct when a few drops of water are sprinkled on the skillet and they bead up and dance around without evaporating. Add 1 teaspoon of olive oil and dump shrimp and marinade into skillet. Saute shrimp for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally until shrimp are done, they will be pink.
- Finish and Serve! Fluff rice with a fork, divide between bowls. Top rice with snap peas and shrimp. Drizzle with Hoisin sauce, and top with onion greens, sesame seeds and a squeeze of lime! Enjoy!