This is a fresh and easy summer salad that takes advantage of the wonderful veggies and herbs that are so readily available this time of year. This salad is made with fresh corn, cherry tomatoes, basil and a splash of balsamic glaze. You will love this salad as much as we do!
- Fresh Corn - 4 ears, cooked & kernels cut off cob
- Cherry Tomatoes - 1 pint
- Basil Leaves - 5, cut chiffonade
- Olive Oil - 1 tsp
- Salt & Pepper - to taste
- Balsamic Vinegar - 1/4 cup
- Honey - 1 Tbsp
- Water - 8 Tbsps
- Combine the balsamic vinegar and honey in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and let cook for 10-15 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool competely. It should be the consistency of syrup once it cools. To speed the cooling process you can put it in the refrigerator.
- Cook the corn in the 4 quart sauce pan. Add water and turn heat to medium -medium high heat and wait for valve to click. Once you here the valve click, turn heat down to medium low and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes. Let corn cool and cut kernels off the cob.
- Cut Cherry tomatoes in half and put in medium bowl.
- Chiffonade chop the basil.
- Combine the corn kernels, diced cherry tomatoes, basil leaves, olive oil and salt & pepper in a medium bowl let sit for an hour.
- Before serving drizzle the balsamic glaze over the salad.