We love a fresh salad full of flavor and this recipe for couscous salad with portobello mushrooms is one of our favorites! With portobello mushrooms, bell peppers and sun dried tomatoes there is no short of healthy veggies and delicious flavors.
We love a full flavored salad- one that can be an entire meal and leave us full, satisfied and feeling great. This recipe for couscous salad with portobello mushrooms wins on all accounts!
- 1 Box Garlic Israeli Couscous- about 2 cups -
- 2 Cups water -
- 1 Big Portobello mushroom sliced -
- 1 Red bell pepper – Julianne sliced -
- 1 Green bell Pepper – Julianne sliced -
- ¼ Cup Sundried tomatoes -
- 1 Tsp olive oil -
- 4oz. honey goat cheese -
- ¼ Cup Sundried tomatoes - Chopped -
- 1 Tsp Fresh Rosemary chopped -
- ¼ Cup Red wine vinegar -
- ¼ Cup Balsamic vinegar -
- ¼ Cup olive oil -
- 1 Cup fresh strawberries -
- 1 Tsp Sugar -
- ¼ Cup Roasted almonds -
- 1 Cup Micro greens -
- In the 2 quart sauce pan add water and couscous, put lid on, turn heat to medium and wait for Nutra Valve to click. Lower heat until Nutra Valve stops clicking and cook for 7 additional minutes. Turn heat off, remove from heat and set aside.
- With the food cutter use the #4 cone and cut the portabella mushrooms and the red & green bell peppers.
- In the 10.5” skillet add olive oil and heat to medium for 2 minutes. Add red and green bell peppers, portabella mushrooms and sundried tomatoes; sauté for 2 minutes or until al dente. Add lid; turn heat off and set aside.
- In a medium bowl mix goat cheese, sundried tomatoes and rosemary; mix until well combined.
- In a medium bowl add strawberries and smash with a potato masher. Add sugar, red wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar and whisk in olive oil. Make sure you add your olive oil last as the whisking process emulsifies the dressing.
- Assemble the salad. Start with a bed of couscous; about a ¾ cup. Place a quarter of the veggie mixture on top of couscous; followed by the goat chess mixture. Garnish with roasted almonds and micro greens. Drizzle entire dish with the strawberry vinaigrette.