- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 pounds clams in the shells, rinsed
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon parsley, chopped
- 12 ounces precooked chopped clams
- 1½ cups vegetable broth
- 1½ cups heavy cream
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 5 thin slices garlic bread (crostini)
- Fresh cilantro, chopped (garnish)
- In the 6-quart Dutch Oven, preheat olive oil at medium-high heat for about 4 minutes or until oil is very hot. Add onion, ginger and garlic; sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add clams in the shells and sauté at medium heat for 5 minutes, or until shells open. Add wine and parsley; cook for 3 minutes.
- Blend 12 ounces chopped clams with vegetable broth and heavy cream.
- Pour blended mixture in the saucepan and bring to a light simmer (in about 4 minutes). Add salt and black pepper to taste.
- Serve each portion with a slice of garlic bread; garnish with chopped cilantro.
Chef’s Note: If you are able to find fish or seafood broth, you may use it to replace the vegetable broth.