- ½ cup scallion, chopped
- ½ cup celery, chopped
- 4 medium red potatoes, peeled and quartered
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (14-ounce) can fat free chicken broth
- 1½ cups skim milk
- Low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded (to taste)
- Salt to taste
- Cut vegetables. Preheat 10½-inch Skillet at medium-high heat for 3 minutes. Add scallion and celery; cook for 2 minutes, while continuously stirring. Add potatoes, cilantro, black pepper, and salt to taste; stir for 2 more minutes.
- Stir chicken broth and cover skillet. When the valve sounds (in about 2-3 minutes,) reduce heat to low and cook for 15 minutes. Turn the stove off, remove cover, add milk, and mix.
- With the Ladle, add contents in the Xtractor. Make sure to include enough liquid every time the mixture is poured in. Once you are done processing, add the contents from both Xtractor containers in the same skillet where you had cooked the ingredients.
- Warm up the soup to desire temperature, while stirring for approximately 3 to 5 minutes at medium heat. Serve and garnish with shredded cheese.
Chef’s Note: In order to avoid additional fat, this delicious soup can be prepared without adding oil or butter. If desired, you could add 1 tablespoon olive oil before stirring scallion and celery into the skillet.