- 1 pound catfish, big diced
- ½ cup yellow onion, minced
- 1 cup poblano chiles, small diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- ¼ cup green olives, sliced
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano
- 1 twig fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 cup water
- ½ teaspoon whole oregano
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Fresh lime to taste
- 2 avocados, sliced (garnish)
- Preheat 6-quart Dutch Oven at medium-high heat for 3 minutes. Add onion and poblano chile; sauté for 2 minutes, while constantly stirring.
- Add fish, garlic, olives and capers; sauté for 1 minute, while stirring. Add tomato, cilantro, 1 cup water, oregano, salt and black pepper to taste.
- Reduce temperature to medium-low, cover and cook for 15 minutes. Serve with avocado slices and sprinkle lime to taste.