We love a really good burger, and we think the toppings are what makes a burger really really good. This burger is exceptional and we think you’ll totally agree. With just a few steps you can make the most delicious burger your family has ever eaten! Well maybe not THE best but for sure the best they’ve ever made at home! Have you ever made a quick onion jam? We’ve seen several different versions and for this burger we chose a red onion and balsamic vinegar jam to add some sweet and tart notes to this gourmet burger. If you have extra red onion jam don’t throw it out! It would be delicious on other sandwiches- a turkey club or as a topping on seared chicken or pork. yum!
How to make red onion jam:
Making red onion jam in your NutraEase cookware is simple! Here are some photos to help you see the process of cooking red onion jam.
Step 1: Place sliced onions and olive oil in 8” skillet or 3 quart saucepanStep 2: Cook over medium heat with lid ajar for 6 minutes, take lid off occasionally and stir Step 3: After 6 minutes add the balsamic vinegar and sugar. Stir to combine.Step 4: Let cook uncovered for 5-7 minutes more. It is done when they look sticky and are a jam like consistency
Making gourmet burgers at home is easy with your NutraEase cookware! The delicious sweet and tangy flavor of the red onion jam pairs nicely with garlic aioli, slices of avocado and a cheesy beef patty. Put it all on a bun and you've got a delicious dinner!
- 1 Clove Garlic, Minced or Grated -
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise -
- 1 Red Onion, Thinly Sliced -
- 1 Teaspoon Olive Oil -
- 2 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar -
- 1 Teaspoon Sugar -
- 2 lbs Ground Beef -
- Sliced Cheese of your choice -
- 2 Avocados, sliced -
- Hamburger Buns, like Brioche or Potato -
- Salt & Pepper -
- Make Garlic Aioli. In small bowl combine mayo with garlic and salt and pepper. Mix to combine. Set aside
- Make Red Onion Jam. Place sliced onions and olive oil in 8” skillet or 3 quart saucepan and cook over medium heat with lid ajar for 6 minutes, take lid off occasionally and stir. Make sure the onions are not burning and lower heat if they are getting too dark. After 6 minutes add the balsamic vinegar and sugar. Stir to combine. Let cook uncovered for 5-7 minutes more. It is done when they look sticky and are a jam like consistency.
- Make the Burger. Season ground beef with salt and pepper and form the ground beef into 6 patties. Preheat 10½-inch skillet on medium heat for about 3 minutes. The temperature is correct when a few drops of water are sprinkled on the skillet and they bead up and dance around without evaporating. Add patties to pan and cook for 3 minutes with lid ajar. Flip patties and place lid on ajar and cook for 2 minutes. You may need to cook longer if your patties are thick or if you like your burger well done.Remove lid and add cheese slices to patties. Place cover on and cook for 1 more minute for cheese to melt. Remove from heat and assemble burger.
- Assemble Burger. On a bun spread garlic aioli, avocado slices, burger patty and onion jam. Enjoy!