If you’ve ever wondered how to make a perfect steak at home this recipe is for you! This herb crusted skillet steak is delicious and using your minimum moisture NutraEase skillet you can get the best results every single time.
After you understand the method for cooking steaks you can easily adjust it to any cut or steak you want to cook. You’ll just want to pay attention to how thick the steaks are. In these photos we cooked sirloin top steaks, they were about 3/4″ thick. We cooked them for 5 minutes with the lid ajar and then 5 minutes with lid on. They were well done- meaning no pink. If you like your steaks on the medium side we recommend reducing the second cooking time, when the lid is on, to 3 minutes. Adding a spice rub to the steaks before you cook them infuses some delicious flavor. This recipe calls for a simple rub including salt and pepper, garlic powder and fresh chopped rosemary. The spice rub gives a nice crust when you cook the steak.
How to cook the perfect steak
Preheat the NutraEase 10½-inch skillet on medium-high heat for about 3 minutes. The temperature is correct when a few drops of water are sprinkled on the skillet and they bead up and dance around without evaporating. Add the steaks. Ff steaks are large you may need to cook them in 2 batches, don’t over crowd the skillet
Turn temp down to medium, flip steaks and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes with lid flat.
Once done, remove from pan and make sure to let the steaks rest for 5 minutes before cutting and serving. This allows the steak to keep the moisture inside the steak instead of draining the juice when it’s cut. Enjoy!
Using this method to cook steak with minimum moisture in your NutraEase skillet is the ideal way to cook steak! It keeps the meat juicy and delicious with the added flavor of the rosemary rub. This steak is a super quick and delicious meal!
- 4 Beef Steaks of your choice -
- 2 Teaspoons Salt -
- 1 Teaspoon Pepper -
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder -
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped Fresh Rosemary -
- 2 Tablespoons Garlic Herb Butter **Optional -
- Combine all spices in a small bowl. Rub spice blend on both sides of steaks.
- Preheat 12 inch Nutra Ease Gourmet skillet or 10½-inch Nutra Ease skillet on medium-high heat for about 3 minutes. The temperature is correct when a few drops of water are sprinkled on the skillet and they bead up and dance around without evaporating.
- Put 2-3 steaks (if steaks are large you may need to cook them in 2 batches, don’t over crowd the skillet) in skillet with lid ajar and cook for 5 minutes.
- Turn temp down to medium, flip steaks and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes with lid flat. SEE NOTE for cooking time at this step. If Nutra Valve clicks in this step turn heat down.
- Remove steak from skillet and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with Broccoli and a pat of garlic herb butter for some added flavor.
- The amount of time you will continue to cook the steaks for in step 3 depends on how thick your steaks are. If they are 1/2”-3/4” thick you’ll cook them for 3 minutes for medium, 5 minutes for well done. If they are 1” or thicker you’ll need to cook for 5 minutes for medium and longer for well done.
- Easy Cleaning Tip. To clean your skillet add 3/4 cup of water to skillet, with lid on let it heat up over medium-high heat for 1-2 minutes. This will loosen any bits of food stuck on the skillet. Dump water in sink and wash as normal.