Sunday Suppers are time when families can sit down together and enjoy a meal together and chat. Sunday Suppers can create some of the most fondest memories that last a life time. With these homemade and delicious individual chicken pot pies they are sure to hit the spot. This recipe is for two so if you have a family of four just double the recipe and so forth.
We used 5" individual pie plates for our Chicken Pot Pies.
- Chicken Breast - 3
- Frozen Mixed Vegetables - 2 Cups
- Fresh Thyme - 1 tsp.
- Fresh Sage - 1/2 tsp.
- Minced Garlic - 1 tsp.
- Olive Oil - 1 tsp.
- Salt & Pepper - To taste
- Heavy Cream (whipping cream) - 3/4 Cup
- Chicken Stock - 3/4 Cup
- White Wine - 3/4 Cup
- Pie Crust (store bought) - 1 Package
- Egg - 1
- Flour - 1/2 Cup
- Butter - 1/2 Stick
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. For each individual pie use 1 pie crust. Set pie crust out and let soften.
- In the 2 quart sauce pan; fill 3/4 full of water, add a generous pinch of salt and chicken breast. Cover and cook on medium-high heat when it sounds, cook for another 15-20 minutes. When cooked chop chicken and set aside.
- In the 1.5 quart sauce pan; melt butter over medium-high heat for 1.5 minutes. Add flour and stir for a thick paste. Add cream, chicken stock, wine and salt & pepper. Continue to stir for a few minutes until sauce thickens. If it thickens too much add a little cream to thin. Set sauce aside.
- In 10" skillet over medium-high heat add olive oil, garlic and vegetables. Saute for 4-5 minutes. Add the herbs and chopped chicken and cook for 2 minutes, add cream sauce, cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Lay out each pie crust in 2 individual pie dishes. Divide chicken mixture equally into pie crust and fold over pie crust to create top crust. Separate egg and whip with a fork; using a pastry brush, brush egg wash on pie crust. Cook on 350 degrees for about 25 minutes.