If you’re familiar with the midwest of the United States you might know that Kansas City is a center for delicious bbq. This recipe for Kansas City BBQ Chili comes strait from the heartland and includes bbq sauce, ground beef, Italian sausage, beans and other ingredients to make this soup extra delicious.
This delicious and filling Kansas City BBQ Chili recipe is simple to make in your NutraEase cookware and feeds a crowd! Everyone will be coming back for seconds. We recommend serving with cornbread or corn chips, yum!
- 1 lb Mild Italian Sausage -
- 1 lb Ground Beef -
- 1 Small Onion, Diced -
- 3 Cloves Garlic, Minced or Grated -
- 1 Tablespoon Chili powder -
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic powder -
- 1 Tablespoon Onion powder -
- 1 teaspoon Salt -
- 1 28oz can Crushed Tomatoes -
- 1 15oz can Diced Tomatoes -
- 2 15oz cans Chili Beans -
- 1 15oz can Black Beans, Rinsed -
- 1/2 cup of Sweet BBQ Sauce (like Sweet Baby Rays) -
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce -
- 1 15oz can water (just use a can you’ve emptied) -
- ptional Toppings: Shredded Cheese, Sour Cream, Corn Chips -
- In the 8 Quart NutraEase Dutch Oven on medium heat add the diced onions; sauté until they are soften. Add sausage and ground beef and cook until browned. Smashing the meat with a fork or spatula while it cooks to make sure you get small pieces of meat.
- Add the garlic and sauté for additional 3 minutes. Add the chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder and salt. Stir until well combined.
- Keeping the heat at medium next add the tomatoes, beans, bbq sauce, Worcestershire, and water. Put lid on and wait for clicking, turn heat to medium low and cook for 25 minutes.
- Serve with shredded cheese, sour cream, corn chips and corn bread. Enjoy!