These Korean beef short ribs are packed with flavor, they make the perfect main dish for your family to enjoy. These short ribs are easily made in the Nutra Ease oil core electric skillet. Serve them with some spiced vegetables or grilled asparagus. A few notes from the chef: Depending on how much fat is on your short ribs you may want 3-4lbs to serve a family of 4. If the lid is removed while cooking you will need to increase the cooking time. After 45 minutes if the meat does not seem tender enough cook for 20-30 minutes longer.
- 2 lbs Beef Short Ribs -
- 1 1/2 Cups Water -
- 3/4 Cups Korean Sauce -
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce -
- 1/4 Cup Mirin -
- 1 TBL Sesame Oil -
- 2 Whole Star Anise -
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Pepper -
- 3 TBL Brown Sugar -
- 1 Cup Onion, Sliced -
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Green Onions -
- 1 TBL Toasted Sesame Seeds -
- Combine all marinade ingredients: Water, Korean Sauce, Soy Sauce, Mirin, Sesame Oil, Whole Star Anise, Ground Pepper, Brown Sugar and Onion and mix. Place in a resealable bag.
- Add short ribs to marinade mixture and marinade overnight in refrigerator.
- Preheat Nutra Ease Oil Core Skillet to 350
- Sear ribs on each side for 3 minutes.
- Add the rest of the marinade and put lid on and wait for Redi Temp valve to click and turn heat down to 300 and cook for an additional 40-45 minutes.
- Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds