- 3½ pounds pork butt, boneless and cut into four pieces
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground ancho chile
- 1½ cups white onion, largely diced
- ¼ cup Fresno peppers, small diced and seeded
- ¼ cup jalapeño peppers, small diced and seeded
- ¼ cup fresh oregano, chopped
- ½ cup clove garlic, whole
- 1 cup orange juice
- ½ cup lime juice
- 1 cup cilantro, minced
- 2 cups low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- White vinegar to taste
- 4 cups green cabbage, sliced
- 2 cups avocado, sliced
- 2 cups tomatoes, diced
- 8 large rolls, cut in half lengthwise
- 4 cups ripe plantains, sliced and fried
- 2 cups farmer’s cheese, shredded
Using the Carving Knife, remove the extra fat from the pork butt and cut into four equal parts. In the 1-quart Mixing Bowl, add cumin, salt and ancho chile; mix well. Rub this spice mixture over the pork pieces and place them in the basket, previously inserted in the Pressure Cooker.
With the Chef’s Knife, cut the vegetables to be used for seasoning according to the instructions. In the 5-quart Mixing Bowl, combine cut vegetables with the whole garlic cloves, orange juice and lime juice. Pour this mixture over the pork; cover and lock the Pressure Cooker. Turn the Regulator to number 2 and cook at medium-high temperature until the valve rattles (about 12 minutes). Reduce temperature to low and cook for 1 hour and 45 minutes. Turn off the heat and let the pressure cooker cool until it is safe to open. Let the pork slightly cool off to re-absorb the liquid lost during cooking; shred it.
Using the Chef’s Knife, mince the cilantro. In the 2-quart Mixing Bowl, add the mayonnaise, cilantro, lime juice and vinegar to taste; mix well.
With the Chef’s Knife, cut cabbage, avocado and tomatoes according to the instructions. Using the Bread Knife, cut the rolls in half, lengthwise. On the first half, place some pulled pork, cilantro sauce and additional toppings to taste; cover with the other roll half. Repeat same steps with the other sandwiches.