Fresh, delicious, packed with nutrients and full of flavor. Our quinoa cakes with avocado sauce are wonderful. We love the idea of using ancient grains as a main dish. Quinoa is filled with all the essential nutrient building blocks necessary for cell growth. We love that quinoa is so versatile and lends it's self to many kinds of dishes and flavors. Quinoa does an amazing job at absorbing the flavors of whatever you put in it. We even have a video to walk you through our quinoa cakes with avocado sauce...check it out Embrace the taste, experience the difference
- QUINOA CAKES -
- 2 Cups garlic quinoa -
- 2 Cups of water -
- 1/2 Cup small chopped red peppers -
- 1/2 Cup small chopped green peppers -
- 3 Eggs, lightly beaten -
- 3/4 Cup bread crumbs -
- 1 Tsp black pepper -
- 1/4 Tsp salt -
- 4 TBL coconut oil -
- 1 Cup micro greens -
- AVOCADO SAUCE -
- 1 CUP plain greek yogurt -
- 2 Medium ripe avocados pitted and peeled -
- Salt & Pepper to taste -
- In a 3 qt Nutra Ease Dutch oven add quinoa and 2 cups of water, turn heat to medium high. Put lid on and wait for Nutra valve to start clicking, about 4 minutes. Turn heat down to medium low and cook for an additional 7 minutes. Remove quinoa from heat and place in a bowl; set aside and let cool.
- To make yogurt avocado sauce, add all ingredients to the Royal vortex and pulse 4 times. You want a nice creamy smooth sauce.
- To make the quinoa patties, combine the quinoa, bread crumbs, bell peppers, eggs, black pepper and salt. Thoroughly stir and form into 8 patties.
- In the 12.5” Nutra Ease skillet, turn heat to medium high, add coconut oil; let oil heat up for 2 minutes. Turn heat down to medium. Add quinoa patties and cook on each side for 3 minutes, or until lightly golden.
- On a plate layer quinoa patty, Greek yogurt avocado sauce and micro greens.
- Embrace the taste, experience the difference.