This colorful, healthy and delicious salad is just perfection! This is clean eating at it’s best and the health benefits are just amazing. If you have left overs it makes for a yummy lunch the next day. Embrace the Taste.
- Red Bell Pepper - 1 Cup, Small Diced
- Green Bell Pepper - 1 Cup, Small Diced
- Red Onion - 1/2 Cup, Small Diced
- Black Beans - 1/2 Cup, Pre-Cooked
- Quinoa - 2 Cups, Pre-Washed
- Shelled Edamame (soy beans) - 4 Cups
- Corn Kernels - 1/2 Cup
- Limes - 2 (freshly squeezed)
- Salt & Pepper - To Taste
- White Vinegar - 1/4 Cup
- Cut vegetables. Rinse quinoa in a fine strainer until water runs clear; drain.
- In the Dutch oven, add 4 cups of water; cover and cook at medium-high heat until it sounds (about 5 minutes). Add quinoa, reduce heat to low; cook for another 10 minutes.
- Drain the quinoa and add it to a mixing bowl; cool off for 15 minutes in the refrigerator.
- In a saucepan, add 6 cups of water and edamame beans; cover and cook at medium-high heat until it sounds (about 6 minutes). Reduce heat to low and cook for 7 minutes.
- Drain the edamame beans and add them to a mixing bow; refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Join remaining ingredients with the quinoa in the mixing bowl; mix well. Serve.