If you’re looking to add more nutritious plant based meals to your diet this recipe for spaghetti squash with garlic sauce is for you! It’s completely plant based, so suitable for a vegan diet but delicious enough for everyone. This recipe was developed for NutraEase by Michelle Carolla.The best part is that this recipe is quick and easy and made on the stovetop in our favorite Nutra Ease cookware. You can use the 6 or 8 quart dutch oven or the 10.5″ skillet, depending on how large your squash is and how much you want to cook.We love the deep rich flavor of roasted garlic and how easy it is to create by just tossing in a bulb of garlic with the spaghetti squash while it cooks! The garlic makes a delicious sauce and completes this quick and easy meal. Spaghetti squash is a fantastic substitute for pasta! It is packed with vitamins and minerals that you just can’t from carb based pasta. Spaghetti squash is very low in carbs and calories while adding potassium, vitamin B6, manganese and vitamin c!
If you’re looking to add more nutritious plant based meals to your diet this recipe for spaghetti squash with garlic sauce is for you!
- 1 Spaghetti Squash -
- 1 Bulb Garlic -
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil -
- 2 Tablespoons Pine Nuts -
- 1 Tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar -
- 7 Tablespoons Water -
- Cut squash in half, scoop out seeds and discard. Add 7 tablespoons of water to 8 quart NutraEase dutch oven and place squash cut side down in pan. Chop 1 end off of garlic bulb, brush top with olive oil and place in pan. Turn heat to medium high. Put lid on, when valve clicks close valve and turn heat to medium low and cook for 20 minutes, valve should stop clicking.
- Remove garlic skins and squeeze garlic into Royal Vortex, blender or food processor with pine nuts and mix until smooth. Add oil, vinegar, salt and water and blend until smooth.
- Scrape spaghetti squash from shells with a fork into a bowl, add sauce and mix. Serve warm or cold.