Take a classic sandwich and give it a twist with this recipe for sun dried tomato chicken salad. It’s SO simple, only a few ingredients and you’re going to love the delicious flavor! It’s perfect for a family gathering or to take to work for lunch.
A delicious recipe for an easy lunch, this sun dried tomato chicken salad is full of flavor!
- 2 Chicken Breasts -
- 1 7oz container of Sun-dried Tomato Basil Pesto -
- 1/2 cup sour cream or plain greek yogurt -
- 6-8 Ciabatta Buns -
- 6-8 Slices of Gouda -
- 2 cups Baby Spinach -
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Pre heat 10.5” skillet on medium high for 3 minutes. When water beads up and dances around the pan is ready.
- Add chicken and put lid on ajar. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Flip chicken, return lid to skillet ajar and then cook an additional 4 min.
- Flip chicken one last time, place lid on and lower heat to medium-low. Cook for 4 minutes.
- Let chicken cool and then shred.
- Combine your shredded chicken with the can of sun-dried tomato pesto and sour cream. Stir until full combined. Place in the fridge until ready to make the sandwiches.
- To assemble your sandwiches toast the ciabatta buns in your toaster or in the oven at 350 for 3-4 minutes. Place a slice of cheese, the chicken salad and spinach on the bun. Serve and Enjoy!